Town full of history
Documented for the first time on July 16, 1050 Nuremberg has got a past of nearly 1000 years. Numerous sights, like the castle of the emperor, the Albrecht-Dürer house, the Beautifull Well testify it. Also the nearer past has left its traces. The Reichsparteitags area and the court room 600 remind of the Nuremberg tribunals in the courthouse in Nuremberg and the horrors of the Nazi regime.
The Nuremberg castle in which there resided occasionally all emperors of the Holy Roman Empire between 1050 and 1571 belongs to the most important “Kaiserpfalzen” of the Middle Ages. The castle, Nuremberg’s landmark is situated on a small hill above the northern old town and offers a beautiful view of the town.
Auf der Burg 13
Tram line 4, stop “Tiergärtnertor”
- Documentary Center “Reichsparteitagsgelände”
The documentary center is located at the „Reichsparteitagsgelände“ in the northern wing of the congress building which was conceived, but has never been finished by the national socialists. The permanent exhibition “Fascination and Violence” shows reasons, coherence and results of the National Socialistic despotism.
Urban railway line 2, stop “Dutzenteich”
Tram line 9, stop “Doku-Zentrum”
All infos about Dokuzentrum klick here.